Via ferrata Dve veže which is only the fourth Via ferrata in Slovakia. It was opened also thanks to Gothal resort which is a partner to the operator of Via ferrata – civic organisation Dve veže. Via ferrata is a so called secured trail, which includes more difficult sections, fixed ropes or iron steps. This guarantees an unforgettable experience. If you feel like you need more adrenalin and climbing is your passion, you are welcome.
Information about Via ferrata Dve veže
- Altitude – 800m
- Elevation of individual trails – 20 m to 70 m
- Origin – the mountain is of limestone origin
- Structure – Via ferrata consists of 3 rock towers – one smaller one and 2 dominant ones, which will be connected by rope bridges.
- Options of the trail ascent – 3 Via ferrata style trails with various levels of difficulty + touristic trail going to the peak by-passing Via ferrata trails
- Difficulty levels of via ferrata trails – the trails are divided into easier and more difficult based on levels B, C and D
- Educational trail is also part of the Via ferrata with information panels about local fauna and flora, forestry as well as information about movement on Via ferrata.
Via ferrata Dve veže is located approximately 4km from Gothal resort in the direction to a neighbouring village Liptovské Revúce. You will find it in an area which the locals call „Zahorovo“. The top point of Via ferrata will reward you with views over surrounding peaks of Low Tatras (Končitá, Malý Zvolen, Čierna Hora), Veľká Fatra (Krížna, Frčkov) and also national parks Veľká Fatra and Low Tatras, which are separated by the river Revúca.
Educational trail and via ferrata is opened from 15.6 to 31.1 of a regular year. Movement is allowed during the day one hour after sun-rise until one hour before sun-set.
B – medium level of difficulty
It is a steeper terrain with occasionally more difficult sections and bad steps. Artificial support in the form of steel ropes, cramps, stake poles and steeper longer ladders are used for direct forward movement. Several sections are exhausting and tiring. Many experienced alpine tourists use ferrata set with helmet from this level of difficulty. Ferrata set is required for beginners and children and additional support by rope is also important in dangerous and long sections. Without the artificial securing it would be considered as a climbing terrain of II or III difficulty level.
C – difficult trails
The trail consists of steep and perpendicular slopes. Most of prevalently difficult trail is fitted with artificial support (steel ropes, cramps, stake poles, possible slightly hanging ladders). Cramps and artificial steps are more apart (important information particularly for smaller ones and children). The sections are often perpendicular with only one steel rope. The secured sections require certain strength in arms. Long sections of this difficulty consist of large secured trails. Ferrata set with helmet is required also for experienced alpine tourists. Beginners and children are advised to use this trail only with additional rope support and experienced accompanying person. Without the artificial securing it would be considered as a climbing terrain of III and IV difficulty level.
D – very difficult trails
The trail consists of very steep rocky terrain, sometimes with perpendicular or hanging sections. Mostly very difficult and support is only provided by steel rope. Few artificial steps (cramps, stake poles) are far apart each other.
Via ferrata consists of long, perpendicular or hanging sections, which require very strong arms, good technique and also training. The uphill trail is connected with climbing sections of lighter difficulty (level of difficulty I or II) without support, therefore we advise you to go onto this trail only with sufficiently experienced alpine tourist or climber. Even they are required to have ferrata set (climbing shoes and helmet).
The trail is not recommended for beginners and children, additional support by experienced guide or trainer is required.
Without the artificial securing it would be considered as a climbing terrain of IV and V difficulty level.
Each trail contains iron steps which are 40 cm apart. Each trail includes securing steel rope.
Visitors of Via ferrata must have a ferrata set which consists of a seater, 2 carabiners, energy absorber, helmet, gloves, shoes suitable for climbing with Vibram sole. Less experienced visitors are recommended to be under Professional supervisor or accompanied by another person or be in a group.
You can rent a complete set and use a professional certified supervision directly in Gothal. Just ask at the reception.
- It is prohibited to: open fires or maintain open fires, ride a bicycle or a horse, perform terrain adjustments, go outside of the marked trail, littering, damage vegetation and plants, endanger animals and biotopes.
- At the same time it is important to adhere to instructions of organs performing control work.
- Educational trail cannot be used for training, mass competitions and mass organisation of sport events.
- Please, respect any possible closures in case of logging, maintenance and during cleaning after disasters.
- The trail and Via ferrata are to be used at one´s own responsibility. We recommend insurance in case the need of mountain rescue assistance – you can call them on 18 300.
- In case of bad weather, we don´t recommend the Via ferrata trail.
- We recommend getting insurance for all visitors before entering Ferrata Dve veže. Get your mountain insurance for best prices online.