The Ružomberok Information Centre (IC) was established as a part of the Cultural Information Centre, which in the past provided mainly the offer of cultural activities in the city. IC has operated in several places in the past and is currently located in the centre of Ružomberok in the multifunctional building of the Andrej Hlinka House of Culture on A. Bernolák Street 1 and is part of the successor organization Andrej Hlinka House Ltd., which covers several public benefit and cultural institutions.
During its many years of operation, the activity of the information centre has profiled itself and currently offers several free and paid services.
The main activity of the IC consists in the promotion and dissemination of information about the town of Ružomberok and its offer of cultural and sports activities.
At present, IC participates in the creation of promotional materials and publications of the city, cooperates with the Regional Tourism Organization Liptov Region in the promotion of the city, participates in opening the Ružomberok synagogue, manages the UNESCO House visitor centre in Vlkolínec, such as the collection of information, the creation of databases of the information provided or the creation of a calendar of events.
The offer of services of the Ružomberok Information Centre
Free of charge:
- Information about Ružomberok and its surroundings
- information on historical monuments
- information on cultural monuments
- information on sacral monuments
- information on museums and galleries
- information about accommodation facilities
- information on catering establishments
- information on leisure activities
- information on events
- information on transport connections
- information on hiking trails
- information on cycle routes
- information on national parks
- information on nature
- information on attractions
- information on sports grounds
- information about swimming pools
- promotional materials about Ružomberok
- promotional materials about Vlkolínec
- promotional materials about the Liptov region
- promotional materials about Slovakia
- sale of souvenirs
- sale of collectable souvenirs
- sale of maps
- sale of books with local topics
- sale of mountain insurance
- sale of tickets to Cinema Kultúra in Ružomberok
- ticket sales for events in Ružomberok and its surroundings
- ticket sales via the Ticketportal and Predpredaj sales networks
- sale of Regional Cards
- dispensing point for DHL shipments
NEW FOR THE YEAR 2020
During this year’s summer season, the town of Ružomberok has prepared a novelty for visitors in the field of tourism called “RUŽOMBEROK TOURIST PASSPORT”.
“When stamped, than in passport…”
The aim of the project, which is designed especially for families with children, is the growing popularity of tourist stamps of visited places.
The Ružomberok tourist passport is intended not only for visitors to the city, but also for the city’s inhabitants. During your wanderings, you can gradually get to know the beauty of our nature, rich history and tourist attractions.
In the tourist passport you will find interesting places of Ružomberok and its surroundings. In July and August 2020, the passport holder can visit seven selected tourist sites, where he will be provided with an imprint of the original stamp. After obtaining at least five stamp prints, the passport holder can pick up a souvenir at selected locations.
We believe that the Ružomberok tourist passport will contribute to increasing the number of visitors to our region and make your stay in our city more pleasant.
YOU GET A TOURIST PASSPORT FREE OF CHARGE:
Passports will be available from 1 July 2020 to 31 August 2020:
Ružomberok Information Center:
ul. A. Bernoláka 1, +421 44 432 10 96
UNESCO House Vlkolínec:
ul. Vlkolínec 9081, +421 918 596 432
The passport holder can visit seven selected tourist sites in the period from 1 July 2020 to 31 August 2020. He will be provided with an imprint of the original stamp at each place. After obtaining at least five stamp prints, the passport holder can pick up a souvenir at selected locations.
YOU GET A STAMP PRINT:
- Mausoleum of A. Hlinka
- Ľudovít. Fulla Gallery
- Likava Castle
- Vlkolínec / UNESCO House
- Hrabovská valley / box office of the valley station of the cable car
- Čutkovská valley / Obrovo family complex
- CykloKorytnička / station Zápalkáreň
YOU CAN PICK UP THE GIFTS FOR THE COLLECTED STAMPS:
- Ružomberok Information Centre
- Dom UNESCO Vlkolínec
- Mausoleum of Andrej Hlinka
Use of the passport is only possible by the person registered in this card. Provision or sale to another person is not permitted. No compensation will be provided if the passport is lost.